Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Guilty Pleasure
Who Wants To Be A Superhero 2





Ok I love this show...I really dug the first season and I am loving the 2nd....Am I a nerd or what?... I think it has something to do with the tights......I dig this show...I think we all want to be or be saved by a super hero..I know thats the appeal for me!
The SCI FI Channel and legendary comic-book creator Stan Lee are the producers of this hour-long weekly competition reality series that will challenge a lucky few to create their very own superhero and reward the winner with the best reality competition prize yet: immortality!

Each contestant begins with an original idea for a superhero, a self-made costume and their best superhero mojo. From thousands of hopefuls, Stan Lee chooses 11 lucky finalists, who move together into a secret lair. There they begin their transformations — and their competition for the opportunity to become real-life superheroes. Over the course of the series, they test their mettle, try to overcome their limitations and do what it takes to prove that they truly are super.
The finalists will leave their mundane former lives behind and exist as their brainchild superheroes 24/7, all under Stan Lee's watchful supervision. Each week, our aspiring superheroes will be challenged with competitions designed to reveal their true natures. No one will be leaping over tall buildings in a single bound; our superheroes will be tested for courage, integrity, self-sacrifice, compassion and resourcefulness — all traits that every true superhero must possess.

In the end, only one aspiring superhero will have the inner strength and nobility to open the gates to comic-book immortality. The winner of this competition will walk away with their character immortalized in a new comic book created by Stan Lee himself. So tune in and see what drives these rare individuals who are willing to push themselves to their limits, and find out what motivates someone who wants to be a superhero!

1 comment:

Stephen R. said...

We definitely share this guilty pleasure!

I really liked last season, but this season is outstanding. That water task. And then the bees!! Really hardcore stuff. And then the way that the tasks always reveal a little something about each person's inner self - - amazing.

I'm cheering for fellow Chicagoan Hyper-Strike (cute 21 year old that he is), but I think Whip Snap is going to win. She reminds me of Feedback from Season One - - so grateful to be there and overjoyed to meet and talk to Stan.

Total guilty pleasure. :)