Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Recap-
Halloween Haunted Tours- And Dog Parades



Friday night was the Haunted History Tour which was fun and quite educational. The Georgetown area is rich with Seattle history so it was a good time and we all learned alot. They all put in alot of hard work and were all so passionate about it all and so it was very cool. It was sorta a long trek so I am very happy I wore the boot--which BTW is going well. I am suppose to be wearing it to 11-13 which is the date for my next follow up on the fracture leg/ankle. Last update was on 10-9 and the x rays looked good and it is healing well.... but ever so slowly. Docs wants me in the boot for another 5 weeks or so. We had our sippy cups and drank grape vodka ( instead of hot cocoa) as we went through the tour which was perfect. At the end of the tour I was glad I wore the boot as my leg was a bit tired and sore but I think it was due from me having to heave that heavy boot thing around more than walking on it! After the tour we went over to some friends for a late dinner and appletini cocktails--- ( I kinda wished we had the opportunity to have stayed at the brewhouse to mingle more with the Georgetown tour folk myself as they were a fun bunch but......) we then got home at about 1030-- had a nice buzz which was well deserved after the long week we had and then fell fast asleep with the doggies who was happy to have us home...

Saturday morning got up early and hubby pressed some Tully coffee-- My favorite! It was going to be a beautiful day! So decided we would be going to the Boo Festival in our town and partaking in the Doggie Costume Parade. We ran around and did some errands and went out looking for dog costumes and found skeleton outfits for the Shih Tzus and a pumpkin T for Lola (who just turned 5 months). At the last moment I remembered I had my skeleton outfit from last Halloween and decided to wear it in the parade walk with the dogs and then we would all match! It wasn't a plan at all at the time we got the outfits but I'm glad I thought of it. The parade was only about 2 blocks long and you went up and down once in a circle-- there was about 100-150 dogs or so and the street was lined with kids in costumes as they were having a trick o treat with all the shops that afternoon as well-- It was super fun to be in the parade and alot of them got a big kick out of us.... so the skeletons were a hit. Or maybe it was the skin tight Skeleton outfit? Anyhow Im glad my ass was able to fit it! Does my ass look fat in this? LOL....We had our picture taken a bunch that's for sure! This is a few we got on our camera.....and I was willing to post as they were not great--I did notice I am in need of a tan and to start a crash diet looking at most of them! Anyhow........ . I hope to get some others pics as I am awaiting ones our friends took and I will post them as well as they took a few more as they sat at the MARK restaurant sipping cosmos as everyone went by....I should of marched with a cosmo in hand. It was a great afternoon and a beautiful sunny fall day with the wind blowing autumn leaves all around. Had a few rounds of cosmos and enjoyed the afternoon and all the kids and dogs that were dressed up...Later we went home and we did a nice dinner and drinks with our friends and had a lovely fall evening. Had Creme Brulee for dessert too....MMMMMM!

Sunday-- Cleaned the house, did some laundry and a few errands....and had a relaxing afternoon. Now I am back at work....its a 3 day work week! hope it goes fast....





5 comments:

A Lewis said...

You boys are way too cute for words. Do you generally do drag at home???

Greg said...

Love the doggie costumes! We attended Long Beach's dog costume parade yesterday, and some of the costumes were amazing!!

Tony said...

Oh, that's just too cute!

Mark in DE said...

Cute costumes! Isn't being in a parade FUN?!?!?!

Mark :-)

Rick said...

That's too much. Very cute indeed.