Thursday, November 05, 2009

Referendum 71
Vote by vote...It will hopefully pass.

While supporters of the measure were optimistic of a win, both sides said it was too close to call.
The narrow lead in votes to approve Referendum 71 widened slightly yesterday and as of late Wednesday afternoon, about 51.65 percent of votes counted thus far were to approve R-71 and 48.35 percent were to reject it. The Secretary of State's Office estimates about 600,000 ballots statewide are still outstanding, with about 300,000 of them expected from King County, where the measure is being approved by about 2 to 1.

Here is a sad thing-Every county east of the Cascades has rejected Referendum 71. Sad but not surprising....as its totally due to the blue collar and religious stronghold across our state....The lopsided results over expansion of the state's domestic-partnership law does show the challenge all supporters of gay rights have in winning over all Washingtonians as we seek full equality. More Here...

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I grew up in Spokane & I lived in Seattle, with the Husband for 20 years. I have witnessed the divide in Washington state. I am keeping my fingers crossed that King County will come through.
O regon is the same way. Multnomah County can carry the state.

A Lewis said...

All I have to say is SHAME ON 3/4 of Washington state. Shame shame shame. I can't stand the thought that we're actually living among such hatred.

Geoff said...

Keeping my fingers crossed, and my heart hopeful.

流量王全球網路行銷 said...

Hello!
http://www.yahoo899.com