Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Bombs Away!
Summer in Seattle
Summer has hit in Seattle--Finally! It has been sunny and warm for about a week---Sunday was overcast but it was a good rest day. We celebrated with family and friends of what would of been my moms 63rd b-day and had a big BBQ. It was nice to get together and remember her. Gosh we used to BBQ on her b day every year and just hang out and play booche--oh such good times! So we did as we would when she was here with us....I know she was watching us....

Hubby and I have been so darn busy! I haven't had time to blog or do everything we want to do... Infact today I finally cleaned our house--I used to clean every week but lately its every other and I had to do it today as it had been almost 3 weeks! Yikes! I guess I am loosening up with age. Ha! Well I guess if your not home the house stays clean! LOL!

So we really have been enjoying our summer...the sunny weather is awesome and we have just been hanging at a friends pool and going out with my sister on her boat and just chiilin with our buds. We have a big weekend planned as our whole family and friends are going to huge family reunion pig roast. I am also excited and we have family "ohana" coming in from Hawaii for a few weeks on this Friday. They are coming in for the reunion and to visit... Hubby and I was going to go camping this weekend with friends but the reunion came up so we had to cancel but instead we are all going to Summerfest in Silverdale next weekend. Going to spend the night as Island Vibrations are playing on Saturday night....I am loving this summer! I cant remember a better one!

Lost a high school friend this last week :-( Off to her memorial tomorrow- My sister and I knew her well. Its going to be surreal as it is going to be like a mini High School reunion as well....Then Hubby is set to go to the pool again tomorrow afternoon....He is my little aqua boy this summer! He he he......I think I may need to put back my blog vacation sign....

5 comments:

BosGuy said...

Sweet pics. We've been having a great summer here in Boston.

Writer said...

Sounds awesome (love the pic)! I've yet to go swimming, so busy.

Enjoy enjoy!

Jack said...

I love swimming naked in the summer time... HOT!

Rebecca said...

nice to hear you are enjoying your summer

Anonymous said...

what a great tribute to your mum. On my mums bday I always go to her favorite eatery and order her fav meal and drink, I toast to her and the love she shared with me.

I believe she is always there with me, toasting right along side...as Im sure your mum was enjoying the bbq:)

enjoy your summer my friend